Friday, June 1, 2012

Tomorrow's run

Can’t believe I’m going to write this, but I am looking forward to tomorrow’s run. It will be 9 miles. I haven’t done a long run in a few weeks. Last weekend my SIL went running with me and we did 4 miles since her longest run before that 2.5 miles and I wanted her to see that she could do longer distances. I’m sure if I can convince her to do one of the runDisney races, DH will agree to a Disney trip, so it’s wasn’t a totally altruistic move on my part :P The weekend before that was a 5K at the kids’ school. The weekend before that was 8 miles, so, as I said, it’s been a couple of weeks. And I admit that there is a part of my brain that hasn’t completely let go of the full marathon idea. During the week I do runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and depending on DH’s schedule, they are either in the morning or evening, which is good since the F&W run is at night, I need to practice for that anyway. Before I started distance running, a mile and a half was my long run. Now my mid-week runs are 4 miles, and I call those short runs! I admit, I feel kind of proud about the change. On the down side, I still haven’t really lost weight, but I remain confident that if I keep working out, I will start slimming down. SO I can’t get discourage. Keep moving forward, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment